Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Ironman Distance and Oldham County
No, I have not done anything the length of an ironman, at least not at one time. No I am happy though to have seen that upon completing my bike ride yesterday morning the odometer read 112! I think it took 6 rides and close to 8 hours to reach that point, but it was fun for me to see, especially knowing that one day I will do that in a single ride. On a bright note, training has been moving, albeit slow, but I have seen improvement. My bike average speed is already up from 13.3 to 15-15.5. Riding a couple times a week I noticed has helped my endurance with running, and at a faster pace as well. I'm now running just under 9 minute miles avg over 2-3 mile runs. Considering my time at the lame duck averaged around 12 minutes I'm happy! The Y finally filled the lane pool back up and I am hoping to get in there to start swimming more. Hopefully I will have a swim coach here quick too to improve my technique. I did get to register for the Oldham County mini tri coming up on the 11th. 400m pool, 10 mi bike, 1.8 mi cc run. With that only a few weeks to go I really need to get into the pool! Luckily, school is light so far and finding time is not a problem. Speaking of which, off to class I go, then if I'm lucky maybe I'll sneak in a swim...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment